Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Loving Memory of Brett "Brutus" Armin

Monday January 14th was the memorial service for Brutus. It took place at their Temple in Lombard, IL. Brendan Dwyer and Corey Anderson gave the Eulogy. They did a fantastic job. Pallbearers were Corey, Brendan, Pete Engle (college friend), Devin W. (college friend), Dylan (college friend), Jeff W. (college friend), Russ (high school friend) and myself. I was honored to be asked. Brutus was laid to rest at the Shalom Memorial Park in Arlington Heights, IL. Following the service there was a social event at the Armin home. It was a very difficult day for everyone especially his parents Roy & Glenda. I assured them they will be in all of our lives forever. Brutus made an impression on all of us. We are all better, stronger individuals because of him.

Brutus formed a foundation for Sarcoma research. Please think about giving to this charitable cause.

The Brett Armin Sarcoma Foundation
PO Box 1704
Deerfield, IL 60015

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Mike. I didn't even hear about his passing 'till I just clicked on your blog. I'm so sorry...I can't believe it. I'm sure your friendship meant a great deal to him. Another great person lost to this terrible disease. I will keep him in my thoughts and light a luminary in his memory at the Relay for Life event I'm participating in in Feb. Hang in there...miss you.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your posting I went to high school with Brett and found out about his passing about a month ago thank you again you are right he will always live on in our hearts

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello Mr Anderson. I wanted to post this for anyone that may read your blog. SECOND ANNUAL
BRETT ARMIN SARCOMA FOUNDATION
GOLF BENEFIT
is scheduled for Friday, August 28th, 2009. Sponsorship opportunities are avaiable.

Please contact Jenny at yellowribboninfo@yahoo.com with questions or suggestions.
Thanks!

Brian Borger
Respiratethis@hotmail.com
Also if you have any college pictures of Brett and would email them to me I would appreciate it, trying to make a book for his parents.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home